Fashion Designers on Sydney
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again;
is an awesome city with a multi-cultural vibe offering lots of fun activities. And what's even more amazing; when you’re sick of the sunshine and the endless blue sky, there’s plenty of great shopping, funky bars and more restaurants you could ever dream of. Interestingly enough, Australian Vogue has presented a list of some well-known (Australian) Designers and their take on the city. Check out what their favourite spots are and what we think of their choices... Sydney
-Seven Shillings beach at
. Double Bay
-My studio in Surry Hills.
-Grandma Takes A Trip in Crown Street Surry Hills. Yes, we totally agree – funky!
-My couch at home watching a movie. ***For a guy that is always delivering fantastic, female collections we find it rather hard to believe that gorgeous pouting Jason is a complete couch potato. Nonsense. Put him in Mint Bar with a glass of sparkling Pinot Noir.
- The fish markets at Glebe.
- Coles, in Bondi Junction.***Yes, Goot, the fish market is fun, we couldn't agree with you more on that. But Coles...? Eh, sorry we're lost! Did we really miss that moment when the Opera House took a beating of 'the Supermarket' in the Lonely Planet guide? Phew. Goot may be the King of streets, but never has streetwise been more confusing...
. Nielsen Park
- Utopia Records.
- Golden Century. Chinese cuisine at its best.***Utopia Records, yeah, we could see that one coming. An interesting label makes an interesting choice. Oh, and the Chinese cuisine is perhaps even better at East Ocean Restaurant, but that's a tough one. Nielsen Park? For parks, see London.
- I love a post-beach burger at Burgerman on
- Brad Ngata hair direction. Possibly the best haircuts and colouring in
- An outdoor table at Sean’s Panorama.
- The Beauty Room, for excellent facials and massages.***OK, Burgerman. Burgerman. Clearly Ms Fleur needs to be taken out a little more often. Sean's Panorama we've never heard of, but a vast improvement from her post-beach dietary habits. The Beauty Room=spot on.
- Otto Ristorante is my favourite restaurant, I try to go a couple of times a month.
- Eva Kaparti (Beauty salon), ***What is it with these Double Bay ladies? Nay darling, nay. Best shoe shops in town are actually Emporium and Gary Castles. End of story. And Otto Ristorante may be a good Italian, but not nearly as good as trusty Alfredo's.
. Double Bay