Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Impractical, Improvisional & Totally Irresistible

Paris: Spring 2006 Haute Couture. The odds of ever even getting close to one of these creations are equal to zero. Having said this, we love the couture shows, as it means so much more than 'just fashion' from Paris. Creating art for the industry is what these fashion houses have been doing for decades now; and that in itself, is an amazing achievement .
Wearability=0 points. Creativity=12 points summarises our view of the shows. But let's be totally blatant on the subject; this is what it's all about, isn't it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lynne@Oberon said...

Oooh yeah! I love the couture shows as well. They are pure theatre and just wonderful - complete walking works of art. I do love Chanel's latest Spring collect ... very white, pure, and fab. I will, I will, I will own just one piece of Chanel before I am too old to care.

9:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coolchiq-- I think you'd dig these sunglasses. But only the white ones:

http://www.knockaroundsunglasses.com/whitesunglassespopup.jpg
http://www.knockaroundsunglasses.com

12:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home