style is everything, comfort is nothing
Monday, January 30, 2006
Friday, January 27, 2006
Balloon Skirts Anyone?
Thursday, January 26, 2006
Yes, Karl. You Have Us In Awe
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Impractical, Improvisional & Totally Irresistible
Wearability=0 points. Creativity=12 points summarises our view of the shows. But let's be totally blatant on the subject; this is what it's all about, isn't it?
Friday, January 20, 2006
Gorgeous On The Runway (And the Clothes Were Nice Too)
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Sports Fanatics In Mourn?
Tuesday, January 17, 2006
Golden Globe 2006
Monday, January 16, 2006
Kylie: An Exhibition
Sunday, January 15, 2006
Summer 2006: Fashion Don’ts That Make You Crazy
- Low cut jeans/belts on the hip. The unfortunate flesh baring bum cracks are still common on the streets of
- The boho trend – Yuck! Sick bowl please... Mary Kate/Ashley Olsen/Sienna Miller copycats; get over it!
- The over dosage of big chunky bracelets (all worn at the same time), etc.
- Cowboy boots. Unless you’re farming a herd of cattle, in which case it’s pretty cool. But let's be honest, when it's +35C, and you've teamed up a mini denim skirt with a pair of thick cowboyboots running down Oxford Street... No, it does not look cool!
Saturday, January 14, 2006
Beg, Borrow, Steal...
Sunday, January 08, 2006
After Shopping at The Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe
What: The Heritage Belgian Beer Cafe
When: 6pm +
Dresscode: Anything goes – casual in jeans and t-shirt, or straight from work in an office suit... Can get a bit crowded on Fridays after work, so come here early if you'd like a table.
Friday, January 06, 2006
Fashion Predictions For 2006
- A high waist (generally speaking) is of course the way to identify yourself as a true fashion slave. Trousers, jeans or skirts, no exception.
- The ‘balloon skirt’ will continue to be an often seen garment. Again, a high-waisted balloon skirt is what will stand out.
- Ribbons instead of belts. Ribbons instead of jewellery, ribbons coz they're fun!
- Colours: Calm neutrals are big this year – sandy beige, cappuccino, mud, off white, light grey, and black. If you’re going for a more colourful range, then a multicoloured, disorganised effect is better, as opposed to a matching, in-harmony effect.
- Shoe-wise: Skyscraper-high is the name of the game. The heel should either be chunky-straight, stiletto-skinny, or just the commonly-spotted perfect v-shaped heel. As long as it’s excruciatingly high, you’ve cracked it...
- Prints/patterns: Veggie prints on blouses, tops will be the ‘new Chloe banana-top’, if you like. We’ve already mentioned Carolina Herrera's radishes, but there are a few other designers who’ve clearly taken a cue from the veg patch. The military trend will be replaced by a more exotic, tropical safari trend.
Wednesday, January 04, 2006
Tuesday, January 03, 2006
coolchiq Wishes Happy New Year!
The same old trends, the same old looks are seen everywhere, in multiple devices. We’re quite happy to see Vogue and other magazines walking through the leave-it-in-2005-lists. Love it, hate it, but you will get affected.